The Align® Companion: Week 5
When you live healthy, you feel healthy. Continue to take Align® each day, to help support your gastrointestinal health and/or provide ongoing relief of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) symptoms such as abdominal discomfort, gas, and bloating.
TIPS FOR SMART LIVING
- Add soluble fibre to your diet. Some types of fibre can help promote digestive health. Good sources of fibre include oats, beans, peas and many types of fruit. You can also try Metamucil’s fibre supplements as well.
- Reclaim your calcium. If you are not eating dairy products regularly, you may not be getting the recommended daily amount of calcium. Take back your calcium with calcium-fortified juices, cereals, breads, soy or rice beverages, canned fish (sardines, salmon with bones), soybeans, or leafy greens (collard and turnip greens, kale, and bok choy). Metamucil Fibre Capsules with Calcium are a great source too.
- Step into it. You’ve probably heard about the new recommendation to take 10,000 steps a day. Wearing a pedometer is an easy way to find out how close you are to this healthy level. Here are a few easy ways to add steps to your day:
- Don't do it alone! Take a walk with your spouse or child, walk the dog, or walk to visit your neighbors.
- Window-shop or stroll the mall—better yet, walk to the store!