5 Ways to Improve Your Digestive Health
When it comes to health, we often think a lot about our weight or our appearance. However, your digestive health is just as important, and it works hand in hand with your other body systems. In fact, when your digestive system is healthy, your whole body works best. Learn five ways to help support your digestive health below.
- Exercise daily. We live in a very sedentary world. We sit at work, in the car, and on our sofas. In order to be healthy in any aspect, it’s important to incorporate exercise into your daily routine. Start by taking daily walks or joining a weekly exercise class.
- Eat a balanced diet. A well-balanced diet is easier to eat than you may think. It’s all about moderation and knowing what you’re eating. Try to be intentional about the choices you make. Make sure to include lots of high-fibre food, lean meats and leafy greens. Things like fried foods and sugary drinks can be enjoyed on occasion but shouldn’t be routine indulgences.
- Include a probiotic supplement in your diet. There are a lot of good bacteria living inside your intestinal system. Your body needs good bacteria for a number of things including healthy digestion. You can help support your gastrointestinal health by taking a probiotic supplement like Align®. Align provides live bacteria to contribute to a natural healthy intestinal flora. Plus, it’s the #1 gastroenterologist recommended probiotic brand‡.
- Incorporate more fibre in your diet. For an easy way to consume additional fibre throughout the day, try a fibre supplement like Metamucil®. The 100% naturally sourced psyllium fibre in Metamucil Powders helps to trap and remove waste that weighs you down so you can start to feel lighter by relieving irregularity.
- Relax. It’s important to not let stress impact your overall health, and importantly your gut health. Give your body and mind the time they need to rest and recuperate. Start by adding five minutes of relaxation to your day. Meditate. Read. Stretch. Do anything that will help you de-stress and relax.